Now in our 10th year of running these popular courses; they are the perfect way for your kids to make new friends, learn new skills and have a tonne of fun at the same time.
Taught by Tyneside Cinema’s experienced and award-winning filmmaker, Sean McKenna, your child will learn some of the key concepts about making a film, storytelling and film language. Over the course of the four days they will:
- Watch and discuss relevant movies
- Develop an idea into a story
- Use a camera, lights, props and costumes
- Develop a script into a film
- Develop skills in communication and problem solving
- Remake a trailer of a classic movie (to be decided by the group) – previous titles have included Back to the Future and Little Shop of Horrors
- Plan, shoot and edit their own film
- Have a premier of their film for their families and friends to attend on the last day
- They get to keep a copy of their work
If your child is interested in filmmaking, this course is a great introduction to our Academy Programme which they can apply for once they turn 15.
“My son has greatly enjoyed Film School the last three summers and very much wants to do it again.” – Parent Feedback
“The Summer and Easter Schools are an important stepping stone in our aim to develop and provide engaging and high-quality filmmaking and animation opportunities in our region from age eight onwards. They are fun, interactive, help develop skills and are a great way to make new friends!” – Tyneside Cinema Learning & Participation Manager, Alina Trewhitt
Dates: 14-17 April
Drop off: 09:30-10:00
Pick Up: 15:00-15:30
Location: Pop Up Film School, Pilgrim Street (across the road from Tyneside Cinema)
Cost: £125 per child
Refreshments are not included, so please provide a packed lunch.
Did you know we also have a Stop Motion Animation Holiday School on 6-9 April 2020? Click here to find out more.
If you book a place to both Easter Holiday Schools, you will receive 10% off your order.
If you have any queries about the courses, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.