Tyneside Cinema is a unique and historic building that’s well worth seeing first-hand. You can either wander round by yourself or with one of our expert tour guides. All tours are free.
- Look around the Cinema’s original Classic screen
- Watch an original newsreel
- See the permanent exhibition which brings the building’s past and newsreel history to life
- Have a look at the restored original Art Deco features of this beautiful cinema in all their glory
- Take a peek behind the scenes of Tyneside Cinema (guided tours only)
Free guided tours of the building take place every Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at 11:00. These are led by one of our expert tour guides. Please note, these may change depending on events and the availability of our tours guides, so please check for details.
Alternatively, wander round and explore the Cinema at your own leisurely pace. Explore the building between 10:00 and 22:00 everyday.
School and group tours
Want to look around Tyneside Cinema in a group? No problem – for special requests or private tours, please get in touch using the form on this page and we’ll get back to you. Alternatively you can call our Box Office on 0191 227 5500.
Heritage Open Days
Heritage Open Days is England’s largest festival of history and culture, bringing together over 2,000 organisations, 5,000 events and 40,000 volunteers. Every year, places across the country throw open their doors to celebrate their heritage, community and history for free. Why not take part and join us for a tour this September?