Tyneside Cinema is now offering Introduction to Screenwriting workshops for adults 18 or over. Utilising the skills and experience of our very own Ian Fenton. A BAFTA-nominated writer who has produced work for the BBC, ITV and Channel 4. He has written short films, television drama and feature films and has helped new and emerging writers learn the craft of screenwriting in formal and informal educational settings for over fifteen years.
What will you learn?
- How to shape the raw material of a story into an effective screenplay
- How to develop and write dramatic scenes
- How to create engaging characters and dialogue
- How to create a compelling screenplay
What will you do?
- Take part in group lectures and discussion that explore key dramatic concepts of writing for the screen
- Take part in individual and group writing exercises that explore approaches to writing for the screen
- Read screenplays in between sessions
- There will be a little homework
Who is it for?
Anyone over the age of 18 interested in learning how screenplays are written or finding out more about how films are made. No previous experience is needed just an enthusiasm for learning.
When is it?
Monday 10th February to 16th March (6 session over a 6 week period), 18:00 – 20:00
Where will this course be held?
How to book and pay
Click on the time under “book your tickets”, this will take you to payment or book at our box office