Learn the basics of making a documentary film; from coming up with the initial idea to screening the finished work at Tyneside Cinema.
Throughout the Documentary Academy, you will:
- Meet other young people interested in film
- Plan, shoot, edit and screen your own short documentary film
- Work with industry professionals to develop your filmmaking skills
- Receive free training in the use of professional camera, sound and editing equipment
- See your films screened at a special premiere event at Tyneside Cinema
- Have your work entered into festivals and awards at home and abroad
- Previous participants have used their experience from the programme to gain a place at university or as part of a portfolio to get work in the film industry
You don’t need any previous filmmaking experience, just the desire to say something about the world you live in and a commitment to turn up at each session and get involved.
There are only 16 places available to this course, and we open up applications around March/April on our website; we’ll also announce it on our social media.
This course is made possible by