Free filmmaking workshops for 15-19 year olds
Deadline: 5pm Friday 15 October 2021
If you are aged 15-19 and interested in art and film then our Artists Film Academy gives you an exciting opportunity to explore the relationship between art and film, collaborate with like-minded people to devise, shoot and edit your own film with the support of professional artists, and then see shared on the big screen at Tyneside Cinema.
To apply for this free opportunity, you should:
• Be keen to learn more about art and film
• Want to make a film as part of a team
• Want to develop technical skills in camera, sound and editing
• Want to meet new people
• Be able to make the project dates listed below
• Live in the North East of England
• Be aged 15-19
No previous filmmaking experience is needed, just a keen interest in art and film and an enthusiasm to take part.
The project will start in the October half-term, with sessions each day between 10.00 and 16.00 between Monday 25 and Friday 29 October when films will be devised and shot.
This will be followed by six sessions on Saturdays (6, 13, 20, 27 November and 4, 11 December) also between 10.00 and 16.00.
We plan to deliver the course in-person at Tyneside Cinema, but we may move some of it on-line if the wider public health situation changes in accordance with government guidelines and restrictions for Covid-19.
How to Apply
Please note you can’t save the application form and return to it once you start to fill it in, so we suggest you take a look at the questions you’ll be asked (see below) and draft your answers offline and then copy and paste them into the form.
And remember: We use the answers you provide here to make the decisions about who to offer a place on the course, so do put some thought into your answers.
What we ask in the form:
1. Why do you want to take part in the Artists Film Academy?
2. Please tell us about yourself and what difference you hope the Artists Film Academy will make for you?
3. Please tell us about your experience and/or interest in art and film.
4. Please share an example of your own creative work, if you have some. This could be a piece of art such as a film, photographs, music, graphics, piece of writing etc and could have been made as part of your work in class at school or college, or in your own time. You can share a link in the box below to this work if its online, or email a copy to email@example.com, and making it clear who it’s from by putting the following in the subject line of the email: Supporting Work for AFA Your Name.
5. Tell us about your favourite artist, film or art project. What do you like about it? Provide a link if possible
If you are under 18 you will need to get a parent or guardian to give their consent for you to take part.
The Artists Film Academy is made possible thanks to funding from Arts Council England.
When will I find out if I’ve been offered a place?
If you’re selected for the course, we’ll call you on Tue 19 October.
If we’re not able to offer you a place on the course, we’ll send you and email by Thursday 21 October.