Our relaxed screening programme is open to all, but is particularly mindful of neurodiverse audiences, with adjustments in place to create an inclusive, relaxed environment for everyone.
Here is a rundown of what to expect as a guest for a Relaxed Screening:
- Screenings take place every month in the Roxy screen, on the 3rd floor of the cinema.
- Tickets are £6, and Companions go free.
- The programme will feature a mix of new releases and highlights from our special film seasons.
- Doors to the screen will open at 11:00, half an hour before the start of the screening.
- A short introduction from our friendly team will welcome you before the film plays at 11:30. There will be no adverts or trailers.
- During the film, the lights will be raised slightly, and the sound will play slightly quieter.
- Guests are free to move around during the film and use our breakout spaces.
- Wherever possible, screenings will feature descriptive subtitles.
- After booking a ticket, you’ll receive a Social Story document to outline what to expect at the screening, including information about the film, our building and how the day will run.
We look forward to welcoming you to Tyneside Cinema. If you’d like to arrange a pre-screening visit to get familiar with our building, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team. You can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to our team in person at the Box Office.